Knighty Night is a 3D, linear dungeon crawler where you play as a knight trying to escape the dark dungeon they have been trapped in. With ghosts barring your path you must defend yourself and defeat bosses with only your trusty sword and wits!
- Lead and worked with two other programmers, we constantly review and talked about making our code easy to work around and refence in each others scripts
- Programmed a “U.I. Menu” script that handled UI flow and making sure that controls switched around depending on where and when the menus were activated
- Created a “Room” script that mechanics could be placed into and whose variables could be freely changed in the inspector inside of Unity.
- Helped design and program 5 Unique Bosses, each with their own sets of attacks that were tweaked and balanced by Level Design.
- Worked closely with Animation, helping import and tween animations in-engine so that I could programmatically change enemy and play animations that reflect Player Inputs and A.I. Behaviors
The Hand That Feeds
The Hand That Feeds is a 3D, hack-and-slash where you battle hordes of enemies trying to free yourself from a cursed sword. You must cut, dash, and combo your way through ominous, demon infested levels to reach victory.
- Created a Combo System, using raycasts coming from the players sword that could stagger and chain with other player abilities
- Created Multiple Special Attacks that interact with enemies differently than normal attacks and help promote differing play-styles in players
- Collaborated with other programmers and synced code, in an effort to make the game run as smooth as possible
- Helped fix tweening problems with animations not syncing up with player inputs in-engine, as well as problems with enemy behaviors not working correctly
Crafting Quest is a puzzle game where you combine different elements together to uncover hidden elements in an attempt to find all combinations. It has a cartoon style that accentuates the light-hearted and sometimes comedic combinations you can discover.
- Created a Text Document that keep track of Item and Combination data:
- Once game starts the text document would be parsed and information would referenced from select folders that load sprites as interactable elements as children into a scrollable UI-element .
- During this project I developed an understanding of how to develop for Android mobile devices:
- Touch Inputs and how to fix correlating frame rate issues during touch raycasts
- UI-based Gameplay and Navigation through touch inputs
- Publishing to Google Play Store
Booze Brawl was created with a team of 7 during the Chico State Local Game Jam, the theme being “Influence.”
In Booze Brawl you must fight for as long as you can against Bros while trying to have a fun night at the bar. The game’s main mechanic is fighting while drinking beer, which makes you stronger. The one drawback is that players lose control of the camera depending on how much they have had to drink. It is a simple yet fun first-person brawler that was a good time with friends.
- Designed a two-hand system, where players can control their in-game hands separately with the mouse buttons, which creates some crazy hijinks
- Created System where the random movement of the camera would talk to the “PlayerCamera” scripts so that, once the player has drank it would slowly ramp up the screen shake dependent on how much the player has had.
- Enemy AI was created to be reactive so that, if the player or another AI would hit them, their current targets would change, making for MORE mayhem the MORE you swing wildly.