Knighty Night is a 3D, linear dungeon crawler where you play as a knight trying to escape the dark dungeon they have been trapped in. With ghosts barring your path you must solve puzzles and defeat bosses with only your trusty sword and wits!
- Led and worked with two other programmers
- Created Menu System that is easy to reference in other code and set up which UI must be present in any situation
- Created Room Mechanic System that can be fully changed and tweaked in inspector, giving Level Designers full control on how to set up pieces of the level easily.
- Programmed Unique Bosses, each with their own sets of attacks that can be tweaked by Level Designers upon implementation
The Hand That Feeds
The Hand That Feeds is a 3D, hack-and-slash where you battle hordes of enemies trying to free yourself from a cursed sword. You must cut, dash, and combo your way through ominous, demon infested levels to reach victory.
- Created a Combo System with differing types of attacks, Light and Heavy, that could be interchanged during a combo.
- Created Multiple Special Attacks that interact with enemies differently than normal attacks and help promote differing play-styles in players
- Collaborated with and synced code with other programmers, in an effort to make the game as smooth as possible
Crafting Quest is a puzzle game where you combine different elements together to uncover hidden elements in an attempt to find all combinations. It has a cartoon style that accentuates the light-hearted and sometimes comedic combinations you can discover.
- Combination System keeps track of all combos within a text document
- Once game starts the text document would be parsed and information placed in different dictionaries for easy data access
- Understanding of how to develop for Android mobile devices
- Touch Inputs
- UI-based Gameplay and Navigation
- Publishing to Google Play Store
Booze Brawl was created with a team of 7 during the Chico State Local Game Jam, the theme being “Influence.”
In Booze Brawl you must fight for as long as you can against Bros while trying to have a fun night at the bar. The game’s main mechanic is fighting while drink beer, which makes you stronger. The one drawback is that players loose control of the camera depending on how much they have had to drink. It is a simple yet fun first-person brawler.
- Designed a two-hand system, where players can control their in-game hands separately, allowing players to get more crazy with their play-style
- Created System where the random movement of the camera would talk to the player scripts so that, once the player had started drink it would slowly ramp up the screen shake dependent on how much the player has had.
- Enemy AI was created to be reactive so that, if the player or another AI would hit them, their current targets would change